We aim to be a first class employer, providing equal opportunities for work and training. And we apply our principles of equality and diversity to the partners and suppliers we work with too.
Our aim is to build and sustain a culture that enables colleagues and customers to achieve their potential. Our inclusion and belonging strategy has three core areas of focus.
- Customers are always treated honestly; courteously; and fairly
- We offer inclusive products and services that meet customer expectation and support those customers to overcome barriers to reach their potential
- We provide opportunities for customers both directly and through our supply chain to deliver four key outcomes including employability and skills, digital and financial inclusion, health and wellbeing and sustainable and resilient communities
- We build a culture in which everyone feels they are treated fairly and respected as an individual; can belong and thrive; and are confident to step forward if they are not treated fairly
- We create a workforce with people from all walks of life that reflect our customers and society
- We build and manage places that are help people thrive and achieve their potential
- We support communities directly and by working with local partners and our supply chain to deliver social and economic opportunities and create places that work for everyone.
How we make sure we do what we say
We look at the progress that we are making throughout the year in lots of different areas of our business since diversity and inclusion isn’t just a ‘one off’ event.
- Looking at our customer’s feedback and responses from engagement activity to measure satisfaction and where we are making a difference.
- Our annual business planning process which has diversity at its core.
- Reporting on positive feedback that we receive and sharing good practice.
We also carry out business diversity self-assessment health checks which enable our staff to contribute ideas for improving what we do. Looking at and trying to improve what we do is an ongoing feature of our day-to-day operations.