About the Group
The Young Voice Group is about making the voice of 16-30-year-olds heard and sharing your experiences to improve our services.
The role of the Youth Voice is to understand how we can improve and continue with the good services that we deliver. We are keen to make sure that we are putting young people's voices at the heart of everything we do.
This opportunity can help build your experience and expand your CV for future education, training, and job opportunities, with training and development in a wide range of skills, from decision making and working with the media to events and projects.
What you'll be doing
You will be working with us to:
- Be the voice of change for your age and local Group
- Creating/hosting new events that will be exclusive to your age range
- Work with staff to ensure that your opinions are heard
- Provide insight for us so that we can understand how we can get you involved more
- Being a liaison for us between yourself and other customers
- Keeping customers informed
- Influence key issues affecting the customer experience
- Deliver feedback from customers.
Member qualities and skills
- Willing to work with us to improve services for customers
- A commitment to support our Customer Voice Strategy and Promise.[LINK]
- Able to think strategically about policies, processes and procedures used across the affordable housing landlords.
- Objectivity in the approach to reviewing and monitoring policies, processes and procedures.
- Willing to work with others to achieve shared aims and be a team player.
- A commitment to continuously learn and developing your skills and knowledge.
Training and support
All involved customers will be encouraged and supported to take advantage of the Tenant Participation Advisory Service (TPAS) training seminars, round table discussions and the wealth of information available to members.
We will also be able to provide support and advice to help you access the training you need.
You will be asked to attend a minimum of 6 meetings per year (either online or in-person).
Customers from Places for People, Places for People Living Plus and Places for People Scotland are welcome to apply to be a member of the Youth Voice Group.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider your application if:
- We are taking legal action against you, or you are in a legal dispute with Places for People or any of the subsidiary companies within the Group.
- You are employed by Places for People or any of the subsidiary companies.
Fees and expenses
This role is a voluntary position, and you may be entitled to claim any reasonable out of pocket expenses related to your involvement activities in line with our Expenses Policy.
Membership will be reviewed on an annual basis.