Receive help towards your mortgage
Imagine buying the home of your dreams and getting help with paying the mortgage…
With our Mortgage Contribution scheme, that’s exactly what’s on offer!
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or looking to remortgage, by easing some of the financial pressure, we can help make sure that moving to your brand-new Places for People home is everything you hoped it would be.
The ultimate housewarming gift
Moving house can be an expensive time and with the cost of things on the rise, what could be better than receiving a financial boost towards one of your biggest outgoings – your mortgage.
With a little extra cash to play with, hopefully you could enjoy splashing out on one or two lovely essentials to kit out your new home as well.
Call it a housewarming gift from us to you – our way of providing a helping hand where it’s needed most and making this exciting life phase a little less pressured.
Step onto the property ladder sooner
If you’re a first-time buyer and buying your home outright, depending on where you’re moving to, our mortgage contribution scheme can actually help you step onto the property ladder sooner.
Saving for and buying your first home can make a real dent in your budget but if you know you’re going to get help towards your mortgage, you can maybe make your move earlier than you thought.
Our contribution will cushion the leap to being a homeowner too, making it easier to settle in.
Live better for less
As well as receiving financial help towards your mortgage, when you buy new with us you can look forward to cheaper running costs (compared to older-build homes).
That’s because our homes are built to sustainable environmental standards and feature efficient heating systems along with energy-saving technology. So, as well as saving on your mortgage repayments, you’ll be saving on your monthly utility bills too!
Offer available on 100% open market purchases at selected plots and developments only, subject to contract and status. See full terms and conditions below.
Our available homes
At Places for People we create homes to meet your needs.
Whether it's a one-bedroom city apartment on a historic site in central Edinburgh, or a large family home in the peaceful Wiltshire countryside, we have a fantastic range of homes to choose from.
Mortgage Contribution Terms and Conditions
- Offer available on selected plots and developments only, subject to contract and status.
- This is only available on 100% open market purchases and is not available on Shared Ownership or Discounted Market Sale properties.
- The amount we pay will be agreed prior to reservation with our Sales Executive.
- Offer to be claimed at the point of reservation.
- The amount we agree to pay will be up to a maximum of £12,000, inclusive of any other incentives.
- This will be a one-off payment and the relevant amount shall be deducted from your completion statement.
- The amount we pay may not be the same as your monthly mortgage payments and it is your responsibility to use the money from the Offer to help keep up with monthly mortgage payments.
- Places for People does not take any responsibility for your mortgage. Your mortgage remains an independent contractual agreement between the home purchaser and provider.
- Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
- Offer may require reservation and exchange to have taken place by particular dates, which may vary for different plots.
- Offer may be withdrawn or altered at any time prior to payment of reservation fee on the relevant plot.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Offer may not be accepted by some lenders or may lead to refusal to provide a mortgage based on your circumstances.
- Our usual reservations and sales terms and conditions apply. Please speak to one of our Sales Executives for more details.
- We reserve the right to amend any such offer as we see fit at any time.