Concerned about damp and mould? Talk to us

Make a complaint: Scotland

We know that sometimes things can go wrong and that you may become dissatisfied with our services.

Our aim is to ensure we handle your complaint in a prompt, polite and fair way, by working with you to find a resolution as soon as possible. Once we know something has gone wrong, we can put things right, and prevent similar things happening in the future by learning from our mistakes.

We have fully adopted the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman’s model complaint handling procedure.

How to make a complaint

It is easy to make a complaint about our service.

To make a complaint you can:

Places for People Scotland
1 Hay Avenue
EH16 4RW

When you contact us, please tell us:

  • your full name, address and contact details
  • what happened, when it happened and how it affected you
  • what you think we should do to put things right

If you need support to make a complaint.
Please contact us and we will be able to assist you. We are committed to equality and accessibility. If you can’t do this yourself, you can ask a friend or relative to help you. We accept complaints from advocates once we have confirmed that they have been authorised to act on the customer’s behalf.

What happens next

We will always try to resolve your complaint on the day we receive it. If we are unable to resolve the complaint within 24 hours we will give you our response within 5 working days or less.

Sharing your details

We may share your name and contact details with In House Research, an external company who we have appointed to carry out surveys so that we can obtain feedback from you on our complaints service. The appointed company will work on our behalf and will never use your information for any other purposes.

To view the detail of our complaints procedure please click here.

Complaints performance

We value complaints and use the information from them to learn lessons and make changes to improve our services.

We actively monitor our complaints and report to our Board Members on a quarterly basis and to the Scottish Housing Regulator.