Places for People Group is made up of more than 20 specialist companies, each working to build sustainable communities for all. We pride ourselves on our individual expertise and our ability to collaborate across our Group to provide an unrivalled end-to-end placemaking service.
Our registration with the Information Commissioners Office is: ZA093797 and our principal address is 305 Grays Inn Road, London WC1X 8QR.
Places for People Group and all associated group companies, as Data Controllers, are committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. Each company within the Places for People Group that process personal data is registered as a Data Controller.
It’s important to know that the purpose of our website is to link visitors to our Group companies and therefore we will only collect limited personal data directly on this website.
This Privacy Notice covers the processing of your personal data when visiting www.placesforpeople.co.uk.
When you are routed through to a Places for People Group company website, a relevant Privacy Notice is made available to you that outlines the fair processing details that is relied on to process your personal data. You are encouraged to read these relevant privacy notices.
Our website contains links to third party websites that are outside the control of Places for People Group. You are encouraged to read third-party privacy notices before entering your personal information.
This Privacy Notice should also be read in conjunction with any Terms and Conditions of Use.
Why do we need to collect and store personal data?
Information we collect about you when you visit www.placesforpeople.co.uk will be governed by this Privacy Notice together with any company privacy notices posted on websites that you may link to.
Places for People Group believes that the responsible use of personal information collected on this website is critical to its business objectives and reputation.
What personal information may we collect about you?
Most of the information we collect about you is obtained directly from you when you enter it via one of our online forms.
Below we list some of the most common categories of personal information we may collect about you when you engage with us on www.placesforpeople.co.uk:
- Your contact details (including, name, title, postal addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses) to keep in touch with you and/or contact with you.
- Your consent preferences.
- Cookies, with your consent.
How do we use your personal information?
Your relationship with us will determine why we collect information about you. We may collect and use your information to:
- Respond to and deal with an enquiry if you contact us under legitimate interest or where we have your consent;
- Supply you with goods and/or services that you have requested;
- Facilitate your access to online services;
- Obtain your views on Places for People Group;
- Any other processing for which you have given your consent, for example receiving marketing information, cookies.
How long will you keep my personal information?
Information is only kept for as long as necessary for the period it is required. More information can be found on the Group company privacy notice that you provide your personal data to.
Joined-up services: sharing across the Places for People Group
Places for People Group is a group of companies that share various operations and business processes. We may share your personal data with a shared service Group function to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so (for example, when we deliver a service to you, the delivery of that service might be fulfilled by another member of our Group via shared services).
Sharing with organisations providing services to us
We may share your details with third parties including:
- Third parties who work in partnership with Places for People Group;
- Our third-party suppliers/service providers who perform functions on our behalf under contract, support our systems, operations and/or processes.
In each case, we will ensure that we only share with organisations that we trust to safeguard your personal data as required by applicable laws.
Securing of your Personal Data
We take our responsibility for the protection of your personal data seriously. We implement various strategies and controls to keep your data secure and we keep these under close review.
Where we need your consent to collect and process your personal information, we will ask for your consent. Where we rely on consent you have the right to change your mind and withdraw that consent at any time by using the unsubscribe links on our communications or contacting the Group company who is relying on your consent to communicate with you. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease using the personal information processed under that consent, unless we have some other legal obligation or legitimate interest to continue to use it.
What rights do I have with regards to my personal data?
To exercise your privacy rights please send your request in writing to us. Your enquiry will be shared with those companies who process your personal data. You may be required to verify your identity for security purposes.
Your rights are outlined below:
- The right to access information we hold about you, why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we obtained the information from.
- The right to correct and update the information we hold about you. If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect you can inform us and your data will be updated.
- The right to have your information erased. If you feel we should no longer be using your data you can request that we erase the data that we hold.
- The right to object to processing of your data. You may request that we stop processing information about you.
- The right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent, where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
We will comply with your request where it is feasible to do so within one month of receiving your request.
To exercise your rights please email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us:
The Data Protection Team
305 Grays Inn Road
If you are not satisfied with the information provided in this Privacy Notice, please contact us in the first instance so we can resolve your queries or provide you with any additional information required.
Alternatively it is your right to contact the Information Commissioner. For more information please visit the Information Commissioner’s office at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or call them on 0303 123 1113.
Policy updated: April 2022