Published on 10 May 2021
The money that we spend is largely from public funds and we have a moral and legal duty to ensure that value for money is achieved.
Our procurement team are responsible for the highest level of best practice procurement on a huge variety of goods, works and services, ensuring that all activities must:
- Achieve best value for money for Places for People and our customers
- Be transparent, fair and achieve the highest standards of integrity
- Comply with public procurement legislation and our own procedures, visions and values.
What we look for from suppliers
- Value for Money- the appropriate combination of financial, commercial and technical capability to meet our requirements
- Commitment to equal opportunities, environmental issues, safe systems of working, corporate responsibilities
- The highest level ethical, social value and modern slavery policies.
- If you're a contractor (building, grounds maintenance, cleaning) we require you to be accredited by Safety Systems in Procurement (SSIP) as a minimum standard.
Our procurement process
|Under £25,000||We get 3 quotations to make sure we get the best market rate.|
|Between £25,000 and less than relevant public procurement threshold||We seek at least 3 quotes, perform local sourcing or tender exercises supported by the Strategic Procurement Team.|
|Over financial threshold||The Strategic Procurement Team follows compliant procurement procedures for tenders when the overall value exceeds the financial thresholds laid down in Public Contract Regulations.|
We use the most appropriate type of procurement procedure, as required by each tender. We also maximise the use of DPS solutionsso as to engage with as many SME’s as possible.
For more information on these Public Contract Thresholds and Procurement Procedures please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/public-sector-procurement-policy
Where we are required to advertise a tender, we do this via our e-sourcing platform (link to right for delta)
By registering as a supplier on this platform you will be able to:
- Post a profile of your company, indicating what sorts of opportunity you are interested in
- Receive email notifications whenever opportunities matching your profile become available
- Pre-qualify for DPS’ used by the Group
- Register an expression of interest in a published opportunity
- Request contract documentation to be sent to you.