Volunteering a spare room as part of this scheme is a significant commitment, which we want to support customers to do if they wish, and where it is safe and appropriate for them to do so.
Before registering with the Homes for Ukraine scheme, you must contact us to make us aware that you are registering (or if you have already done so).
It is a requirement of your tenancy agreement to obtain consent from your landlord. Where Places for People is not your landlord (for RMG or Touchstone customers), we will liaise with them on your behalf and let you know their decision.
If Places for People is your landlord, we will get in touch to discuss your home and circumstances with you.
Hosting another person or family for 6-12 months is a big commitment, and before offering accommodation through this scheme, you will want to consider:
▪ Whether you have enough space in your home
▪ The support a guest may need to settle in
▪ The requirement to provide accommodation for at least six months
▪ Any increase in household costs (e.g. utility bills) that may result from having more people living in your home
▪ The terms of your tenancy agreement
▪ That you are not permitted to charge your guest any kind of rent during their stay
▪ How will you manage visits from friends or family who might usually stay with you from time to time?