The STAY service is a tenancy sustainment service that provides accommodation in the Community across the North East. The STAY service aims to prevent homelessness by offering accommodation and an enhanced housing management service to Customers with learning disabilities/difficulties and mental health needs who might find it difficult to manage their tenancy.
Support we provide
- Helping Customers understand their rights and responsibilities within their tenancy.
- Arrange for any repair or improvements that are needed in their home.
- Carry out all health and safety inspections to keep Customers safe in their home and supporting how to use their home equipment safely.
- Offer advice and tips on how to keep their home clean and tidy.
- Help Customers to maximise their income, manage bills and claim Housing Benefit and other welfare benefits.
- Offer advice to help Customers manage debt and other arrears if needed and refer to specialist agencies for further support.
- We provide an out of hours service so Customers can speak to someone whenever they need to.
- We will liaise with specialist support agencies and providers to help Customers receive all the support they need.
- We complete all relevant needs assessments, safer estates checks, risk assessments and property inspections to ensure that Customers are sustaining their tenancy with our assistance.
At present, we operate in:
- North Tyneside
- South Tyneside.
For more information or for a referral form, please contact our STAY North East team on 0191 263 9749 or email@example.com.