Make a payment
Published on 14 September 2023
We offer a range of options for you to make your payments.
You can pay your rent, services charges, and other payments online. It’s possible to make an online payment without logging in to your account. – you just need your payment reference number and a debit or credit card.
Make a payment to one of our group companies:
- Places for People
- Places for People Living Plus (Including customers whose previous landlord was either Cotman Housing, Derwent Living or Chorus Homes)
- Places for People Scotland
- Places For People Homes - Debt Management
- Places For People Homes - Secure Loans
The easiest way to pay your rent is by Direct Debit. Once you're set up, payments will come out of your bank account automatically. There are no charges to set up a Direct Debit, and you’re guaranteed a refund from your bank or building society in the unlikely event that an incorrect payment is taken.
If you’re not already set up, just call us and we'll do this for you. Payments can be weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly, or monthly.
Or you can set up a Direct Debit by post. Simply:
- Get your bank details ready
- Download the direct debit form for your company
- Then fill it in and post it back to the address on the form.
Direct Debits may also be set up either over the phone.
You can make a quick payment without having to talk to anyone. Please have your payment reference number and debit or credit card ready, and call our automated telephone payment service on:
- Places for People, Places for People Living Plus (Including customers whose previous landlord was either Cotman Housing, Derwent Living or Chorus Homes): 01772 666 444
- Places for People Scotland: 0131 657 0600
This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Other ways to pay
You can set up regular payments from your bank account to our account via your online banking, or by contacting your bank.
Please ensure you quote your payment reference which is on your rent statement. Our bank details are:
- Places for People: sort code 20-69-93 account number 23034038
- Places for People Living Plus: sort code 20-69-93 account number 13937216
- Places for People Scotland: sort code 20-69-93 account number 63050084