About the Group
The Homeownership Customer Group will support Places for People to help develop and improve our services.
The Homeownership Customer Group will assist us with the review of our Policies, Processes and Procedures that affect Homeowners, they will support us to ensure:
- they are in line with the compliance/regulatory requirements
- they are up to date
- they are being correctly implemented
- they are fit for purpose and continue to support us in delivering a great customer experience.
What you'll be doing
In your role you will help with:
- Reviewing policies, processes and procedures.
- Influencing key issues, policies and priorities affecting the customer experience for Homeowners across the Affordable Housing Group.
- Developing accessible pre-purchase information
- Setting the annual service charges
- Designing payment options
- Participating in how we implement external, major works, repairs and improvements
- Performance monitoring of leaseholder services
- Monitoring changes to the local environment
- Supporting homeowners to get involved in service improvements
- Involving non-resident leaseholders.
Member qualities and skills
- A commitment to support our Customer Voice Strategy and Promise.
- The ability to think strategically about Policies, Processes and Procedures for all Leaseholders
- Objectivity in the approach to reviewing and monitoring
- Awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion issues in the policy context
- The ability to clearly communicate in a constructive, positive and helpful manner.
- Working with others to achieve shared aims; to be a team player.
- The ability to see beyond their own experiences.
- A commitment to continuously learn and develop skills and knowledge.
Training and support
All involved customers will be encouraged and supported to take advantage of the TPAS (Tenant Participation Advisory Service) training seminars, round table discussions and the wealth of information available to members.
We will also be able to provide support and advice from within the business if any training needs are identified.
All Homeowners from the Places for People Group are welcome to apply to be a member of the Leaseholder Involvement Group.
Your application will not be accepted if we are taking legal action against you, or you are in a legal dispute with Places for People or any of the subsidiary companies within the Group.
You cannot apply if you are a member of staff living in one of our properties.
Fees and expenses
This role is a voluntary position and you may be entitled to claim any reasonable out of pocket expenses related to your involvement activities in line with our Expenses Policy.
Membership will be reviewed on an annual basis.